Chaperones for Friday...
Alma Myers, Chris Boone, Ed Myers, Jan Street, Janet Adwell, Jenny Valenza, Laura Harrison, Laura Lynn Boone, Lori Pruitt, Sandy Tucker, Tammy Partee, Teonna Mills, Clarisse Dittenhoefer, Mary Schmidt, Sharon Allsbrook, Robin Walker and Patti Turner
It’s your lucky week to chaperone the band this Friday, Sept 30 for our game against Thompson at home. This is also 8th grade night where our 8th grade band and dance students come to the game and sit in the stands with the band. Please respond to Paula Maddox's email whether or not you are planning to attend. Chaperones need to arrive at the school on Friday, Sept 30 at 4:45. We will be departing at 5:00, so please be on time.
When you get inside the band room, please check in with Paula Maddox for bus and job assignments, as well as name tags. Please wear your band polo shirt or a white shirt if possible. THANK YOU so much for your willingness to help!!! Paula Maddox 913-4050
Bus Captains please be at the school at 4:30 to review some information
Saturday Oct 1 Homewood Contest BBVA Compass Bowl Band Championships
- 2:00 Students arrive on practice field with instrument ready to begin
- 3:30 Load truck
- 4:15 Depart
- 4:45-5:30 Eat (students need to bring money, we will stop before we get to Homewood and eat at a choice of several fast food places)
- 5:35-5:45 Load buses
- 6:00 Arrive at Homewood (BBVA Compass Bowl Band Championships)
- 6:50 Warm Up
- 7:40 Performance
- 9:00 Awards Ceremony
- 9:45 Depart for the "Oak"
- 10:00 (approx)Arrive at band room
Chaperones for this event: Tammy Partee, Sheryl Nobles, Paula Moore, Carol Dotson, Ed Myers, Alma Myers, Ann Garner, Jan Street, Paula Turner and Derik Wilson
Chaperones and Bus captains please arrive at 3:30 Paula Maddox firstname.lastname@example.org
This marching band event is being hosted by the Homewood Patriot's Marching Band, and is being sponsored by the BBVA Compass Bank in conjunction with the BBVA Compass Bank Bowl.
Spectator Admission : $5.00
- Class A Holtville High School Ashley Strahm 3:20p.m.
- Class AA Pell City High School Duane Player 3:40p.m.
- Class AA Pleasant Grove High School Chuck Eady 4:00p.m.
- Class AA Jemison High School George Martin 4:20p.m.
- Class AA Corner High School Rick Coggin 4:40p.m.
- Class AAAA Clay-Chalkville High School Randall Wallace 6:00p.m.
- Class AAAA Gardendale High School Tracy Starnes 6:20p.m.
- Class AAAA Smith Station High School Rusty Courson 6:40p.m.
- Class AAAAAA Thompson High School John Bubbett 7:00p.m.
- Class AAAAAA Oak Mountain High School Jim Duren 7:20p.m.
- Class AAAAAA Pelham High School Jeff Burnside 7:40p.m.
- Class AAAAAA Sparkman High School David Raney 8:00p.m.
Jazz band performs for open house on Tuesday 27th
The jazz band will perform during the pre-meeting activities. We start at 6 in the gym. Regular band practice until 5:30 then they go change and play.
Our uniforms were sent to the dry cleaners on Monday and will be returning on Thursday afternoon. If you can make it, we will be reassembling them while the band has practice from 3:15- 5:30. If we don't finish them, which we probably won't, we will be meeting again on Friday morn at 10:00 to finish. If you can come at either of those times for any amount of time, please try to help us. The uniforms were completely dismantled and all 166 of them have to be put back together. We have a game Friday night and then competition on Saturday and we want to look (and smell) good. Our volunteers for this Friday are Liz Scibetta, Sallie Barham, and Sandy Tucker. We have no volunteers for Saturday so please consider helping us when we return to the school. Thanks again, Doreen Thomas
Date change please make a note
The varsity football game with Mountain Brook will be played on Thursday October 6 @ 7 PM at Mountain Brook's Spartan Stadium